Transfer Application For Admission

To apply for admission to Central as a transfer student:

  1. Submit a completed application with a nonrefundable $25 application fee. This fee will be waived if: you are a child of an alumnus; you apply before January 15; you apply after a personal campus visit; you apply on-line.
  • Apply on-line at
  •  Request one directly by writing: Office of Admission, Central College, Campus Box 5100, 812 University, Pella, IA 50219 or
  • Call 641-628-7616.
  1. Have your high school send an official transcript of your high school credits to the office of admission.
  2. Request that official transcripts from each college/university previously attended be sent directly to the office of admission at Central. Attendance at each institution must be reported regardless of whether credit was earned. Failure to submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended is sufficient cause for denial or cancellation of admission and could preclude continued enrollment at Central.
  3. ACT or SAT test scores are not required for transfer student admission. Candidates may submit standardized test results for the purpose of an admission decision if they desire but it is not required. However, eligibility for some scholarships and course placements require the submission of a standardized test score. Students interested in submitting ACT or SAT test scores may send them to the office of admission if the test results are not posted on your transcript.
  4. Transfer students who are currently enrolled at another institution must also provide a final transcript prior to enrolling at Central.